The (June to September) Southwest monsoon 2017 is likely to be just normal (96 % Long Period Average (LPA)) , the IMD (India Meteorological Department) said on Tuesday 18th April 2017. IMD Issue long range forecast in two stage all over india. A Normal monsoon rain will benefit fertiliser manufacturing companies that produces huge DAP , Urea and other bio fertiliser as compare to below normal monsoon.
Monsoon 2017 top highlight :-
- southwest Monsoon is likely to be 96 % (+- 5% errors ) normal this year 2017
- Normal monsoon expected
- Positive (IOD)Indian Ocean Dipole and weak EL Nino effect positive monsoon means Good distribution of rain across the country.
- 38% probability for near normal rainfall scenario
- 3 to 4% GDP
- The average rainfall over 89 cm (avg. of last 50 years)
Agriculture growth last three years :-
- 2014-15 Year 0.2 % Growth
- 2015-16 Year 1.2 % Growth
- 2016-17 Year 4.2 % Growth